Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Rupert Murdoch's Empire in Crisis


People that know me or read my blog know of my complete and utter disgust at Rupert Murdoch and his propaganda extravaganza known as Fox News Channel but I have equal disdain for his entire media empire. That’s why it came as a delight for me to hear of the News of the World scandal and to see Murdoch under fire. My only hope is that this scandal will eventually spread to the U.S. and his entire empire will eventually be brought down. It was pretty hilarious watching clips from Fox News Channel and seeing  how they tried to spin the scandal. It definitely has to be seen to be believed. However, the pièce de résistance was when activist and comedian, Jonnie Marbles hit Murdoch in the face with a pie as he was testifying before a British Parliament committee about the scandal. Paybacks are a bitch. In other related news, Sean Hoare the hacking whistle blower was recently found dead in London.

1 comment:

Royal Oaker said...

It's interesting to see Murdoch the object of the kind of scorn his media empire has so often shown others!