Thursday, November 17, 2011

Ella and Cornucopia



This is an illustration that I made as a gift for my friend Charles of his beloved dog Ella. Isn’t she cute? Charles is program leader of SEED Wayne at Wayne State University in Detroit. SEED Wayne is the agriculture program at Wayne State University that works with community based organizations to promote food planning and policy development which allows urban areas better access to fresh, healthy produce. Here Charles talks with Youth Neighborhood News about the various programs that SEED Wayne sponsors.

The fruit and vegetable cornucopia is something my editor wanted for a Thanksgiving article in the November issue of CMP magazine. The cornucopia is unrelated to Ella but I just thought it was fitting to include it in this blog post that mentioned SEED Wayne. I would like to wish all my blog readers and their families a safe and Happy Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for?

No comments: