Thursday, September 8, 2011

Ten Journalists in Ten Days: Andy Kroll


I’ve never done this before but I’m going to try something new and post ten illustrations of my favorite journalists from print and television in ten days. I will post them in random order. Before I begin let me just say that I am a news junkie. In addition to being an homage to these highly respected journalists, part of what this series is about for me is embracing my addiction to news instead of being embarrassed about it. So there I said it, I’m a news junkie and I’m not going to be embarrassed about it or hide from it anymore.

The first journalist is a reporter in the D.C. bureau of Mother Jones magazine, Andy Kroll. Kroll has been the recipient of several awards for outstanding journalism and an associate editor at TomDispatch.com. I had to include Kroll in my list because he wrote a great hard hitting piece about the draconian, emergency financial manager legislation that Michigan’s Republican Governor Rick Snyder passed along with the republican controlled Michigan senate. Kroll was the first journalist that I know of to write about Snyder’s policies in detail.


No comments: